Thursday, December 8, 2011

Anti-Climax!

Our diabolical villain to this tale seems to be fairly unfazed by the being forced to face his sins.  The reveal conversation was understandably my favorite part of the show for all the old Sherlock Holmes movies I used to watch on TV.  The only problem is that I got to stay up later than normal to watch them, making me that much more likely to fall asleep before finding out what in the world was going on.  The few times that I was able to pry my eyelids open wide enough to keep the plot straight, at the end of it there was no way any person could have solved the mystery with the clues provided.  Sherlock Holmes may be awesome, but the dude plays the cards a bit closer to the chest than I prefer.  I mean, he doesn't even like to let people know who he's leaning towards until Inspector Lestrade is there to clap the scoundrel in irons.

Going deeper into my detective rant, the Sherlock Holmes sequel hits theaters in time for the holidays, and I have mixed feelings.  While I loved the first movie, bromance and shirtless fight scenes and all, I'm having a hard time getting excited for the story.  They played the first movie so well by keeping the villain from revealing how or even if he was the one behind all the happenings around London.  From the commercials and trailers, and I know how they don't really indicate a movie more often than not, it seems as if Sherlock's going right for Moriarty in an even larger, more adventurous fashion.  I guess I'm just hoping that the same air of mystery isn't removed with all the witty banter and cross-dressing.

Another week's almost bit the dust and we're all left standing.  Huzzah for us.

Punch it, Chewie!

No comments: