Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Puppy Love: Now With Teeth!

What are all these cobwebs in here? You'd think that someone abandoned this blog for almost an entire month or something.

It's good to be back, and tonight's comic should hopefully go along with my apologies to convey why there was such a large gap between posts.  After an impulsive decision to go check out a local animal shelter, we got a puppy.

He's a delightful little ball of energy, but with a few downsides.  When his own energy reserves start to ebb, like the vampires of old, he sucks the energy right out of us.  This is accomplished by chewing or barking at anything he decides to fixate on.  It is a bummer to lose the ability to hit the 'snooze' button in the mornings, but I think it will be worth the trade-off eventually.  Already, the little furball has been good for morale in some respects.  I'm getting more fresh air, though it's occasionally tinged with noxious puppy gas and plenty of walks outside around our neighborhood.

Also, I'm back to playing League of Legends! I had taken several months off as I was just getting tired of the repetition.  I'm glad to say that I just needed a break, because I'm all in again.  My skills in the game, however, are not so fast to return.  Oh well, I guess that's something more for my team to deal with in the end.

It finally feels like I'm starting a new year, turning a new page, getting back to old rhythms and it is good.  Enjoy your week, hopefully we'll all be outside in warmer weather and puppy teething will end soon.

Punch it, Chewie!

No comments: