Sunday, October 9, 2011

Days Late, Dollars Short

My penchant for comedy often leads to my terrible attempts at recreating the humor for others, something I'm pretty sure we're all guilty of.  Anyways, way more frequently than not, I end up butchering someone's well-crafted ideas and distorting their original (to me) premises.  Comedy comes in a lot of flavors, but you can still screw it up when trying it at home.

Monopoly Back.  That's what greeted me on the McDonald's sign when I went for my Angus Deluxe and McNugget fix.  I get that people there are most likely underpaid for the amount and type of work they do.  I also understand that the median age of employees at fast food restaurants trends down near the teens.  C'mon though, you can't tell me there wasn't a single "I" or "S" in their box of letters, or even a little baby " ' ".  Monopoly Back really raises more questions than answers them for me, and frankly just distracts from creating a larger order to fill my tummy.

I also found an interesting article a few days ago and wanted to give you all the opportunity to go "huh" along with me.  People Who Doodle Learn Faster is the topic in question, and seemed to make a lot of sense to me.  If a student is engaged in the material enough to daydream about it, that stuff goes so much deeper into your brain than robotically scribbling notes that you'll forget most of after you take the test.  At least that's my experience, so take a few shaker's full of salt with it.

Punch it, Chewie!

No comments: