Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Broctopus Cometh!

Anyone who knows me will be able to inform you just how important crazy parties are to me.  I just can't get enough of the type of personality who craves masses of barely known people stuffed into small spaces and forced to make surface level communication for no real benefit. (Sarcasm end)

Being social in a healthy way is an odd thing.  I'm considered anti-social to the general public because I don't necessarily enjoy meeting new people.  However from the inside looking out I believe that I just choose who I spend my time with more carefully than others.  It's an odd line that, even in the simple act of recognizing and accepting, separates myself and the like-minded apart from many others.

With age, however, comes acceptance and a certain level of apathy in changing our basic natures.  It may not necessarily be comfort with oneself, but perhaps to a certain degree it's not wanting to go through the effort to change and become like 'insert whatever here'.  No matter how you reach it, if at all, the realization is fascinating.  The older one gets, the more unique in their quirks and ideas than when they were younger and taught a correct way and an incorrect way to do or process things.

And we're back.  That rabbit-hole wasn't all that deep, was it?  I think we got back out with everyone who went in, but either way this week's chugging along.  Keep in there, another weekend's right around the bend.

Punch it, Chewie!

No comments: