Thursday, April 26, 2012

Paging Mr. Sandman

It's going to be a magically nerd-filled weekend.  In a few short hours I'll be packing my machine up so I can take it with me to work tomorrow.  Once I've finished justifying my presence at the office I'll be setting up at a friend's house for what can only be described as potential awesome.

A game I've mentioned several times in this blog and in other postings around the internet, Guild Wars 2, has it's first closed beta session this weekend.  We will be battling it out with hopefully little technical issues and finding what I hope to be the game of the year for the guys I game with.

It would destroy me a little bit inside if the game doesn't live up to expectations, however from all the material that's been released so far I don't think I'm going to have a problem there.

ArenaNet has taken the past 6 years making this game, which in an ecosystem of a new Call of Duty or Rock Band iteration every 6 months, is an impressive amount of dedication.  When a franchise really seems to improve upon its predecessor I can respect that.  For some of the more mainstream franchises for the most part it's just a new graphics package on the same everything else. Boo.

In other news, I have no other news.

Punch it, Chewie!

No comments: