Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Nerds And The City

Oh no! With all of the beta goodness this past weekend with Guild Wars 2, I hadn't thought at all about The Avengers movie this coming weekend.  Monday morning, it hits me like a ton of marketing bricks though.  I'm so excited for the movie, I'm even going to see it in 3D!

The motion picture has to my knowledge been extremely well-received overseas, bringing in a lot of money.  I'm sure they're doing just fine though, with the amount of marketing tie-ins that I'm seeing crop up everywhere they were going to make back a good deal of their money even before I gave them my hard earned cash.  Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to give them my money; I'll always support something I really like so that more of that thing can be made.

Speaking of things I liked, the Guild Wars 2 beta weekend was really great.  Even though people confused the difference between testing a game to find bugs and balance everything for a smooth release and early game access.  The game is not being provided so you can play a completely finished product, if that were the case it would just have released.  That being said there weren't many bugs that I ran across, mainly some graphical issues and being placed on overflow servers way too often.  All in all, it was a great time and when the completed game is out for everyone to play it's going to be an awesome time.

I'll try to find something to do with myself until Saturday afternoon, but I make no promises I won't whine until I get to see Cap the Hulk beat up on Loki.

Punch it, Chewie!

No comments: