Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Coffee Broken

I wish that this were a true story. That would mean that I work with bears. I was trying to get a play on words using 'bear' but for some reason kept coming back to this one, which was obviously not the right phrase.

Free comic book day was Saturday, and from what I've heard we were just a few minutes behind seeing some guys from the 501st Legionnaires show up at my local comic book store.  If you aren't up on who they are, it's a group that designs, builds and wears different kinds of Star Wars stormtrooper armor out in public. If I had the space to store a full suit of armor I'd love to figure out how to do something along those lines someday.

Anyways, after getting our regular dose of comics and whatever free ones we wanted to grab, it was time. The Avengers! The movie was honestly everything that I had hoped it could be.  I'll most likely be heading out to see it again in the extremely near future. To my knowledge, this was the first time there'd been a franchise movie of this kind.  There were movies that introduced all of the characters before we saw the first image, so there wasn't a need to spend time on that, which was very refreshing. Having seen all the previous movies, I thought it did a solid job keeping the individual tones set while still feeding into one story.

I can't wait to see the movie again and to start hearing about the other movies coming out in the near future.  I've said it before, but this is going to be one amazing summer!

Punch it, Chewie!

No comments: