Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Eating For Two

When you typically do your food shopping for at least two at every meal, there's an interesting phenomenon that occurs from time to time.  If it's just one person that happens to be around, then a choice is presented: either you make all the food and only eat half, or figure out ways to portion it out and only make enough for just yourself.

However, when it's just me in the kitchen by myself a third option opens.  I pull back the third curtain and end up making all the food, and eating all of it.  And it's glorious.

This weekend, I had the opportunity to dim my intellect with a few action titles, B or C level at best.  The first was Lockout, the Guy Pearce badass space prison escape hostage rescue movie.  If you're willing to buy all that, they you very well may like this one, Snow (Pearce) has some great one-liners but he ends up not being on-screen enough to keep the action going and it ends in the most abrupt, odd way possible.  It's probably because it was a film by Luc Besson, crazy action movie director not big on story.  The masochistic piece of me ended up really enjoying the movie, but my expectations were simultaneously low and hoping for a bad movie.  Mission accomplished.

Punch it, Chewie!

No comments: