Thursday, October 4, 2012

Monetary Trending

Wow, when it rains it pours!  The ideas for completely useful inventions just keep coming to me.  Tonight's solves the age-old problem: what do you do when you're out in the sun and need some light? Why, get our solar-powered lamps, of course!  They're the ultimate in portability, with only the slight downside of not being able to provide illumination on cloudy days.

Avengers vs. X-Men, published by Marvel Comics, finished it's run yesterday and I couldn't be more relieved.  The entire event has just felt like a doorstop.  It's been interesting enough (not nearly what was promised) but ultimately only serves to open the door for the Marvel NOW! initiative coming in this last quarter of 2012.

They shot themselves in the foot though, in that they released news about what was coming next early on in the AvX plotline.  This completely distracted the reader from what was happening and only made us start to read while we wait for the good stuff to come along.  I was less than pleased.  I am excited to see some of my favorite characters back out there.  Cable will make his long-awaited reappearance in his self-titled Cable and the X-Force and Deadpool will be written by one of my favorite comedians Brian Posehn.  Fingers crossed I don't get so jaded I give up on the medium altogether, but they've hooked me for one more ride.  Ball's in your court, Marvel.

Punch it, Chewie!

No comments: