Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Furry Blue Line

Yes, I know that our intrepid hero has been transformed into a Weremunk, not a Wereirrel or whatever a Squirrel would turn someone into.  It wouldn't make nearly as much sense to reference the CVU or the CPD, so you'll have to suspend your belief with my talking-cat, weremunk-infested, ridiculous offerings.

The holiday season is upon us, like the fifth unnamed rider of the apocalypse, bringing capitalism and commercial infection to everything it touches.  That being said, I'm hoping to get my shopping done sooner rather than later.  It would be awesome to not have that hanging over my head at the last minute, and free up whatever spare cash the servants would find here at the Manor to be put towards things that I want.

Speaking of things I wanted, if you read my blogs you'll know I had the chance to play Star Wars: The Old Republic this past weekend prior to actually purchasing it.  I felt a bit underwhelmed with the experience, but the majority of that was due to technical issues with conversations and battles lagging.  The stories themselves and the mechanics of the game all seemed to be well worth the wait.  Hopefully EA and Bioware are taking notes based on the input from their beta testers and correct the issues prior to the actual launch one month from today.  I'm amped up to be able to fly around the galaxy I've spent so much time reading and playing games in, and soon I'll be able to shout my signoff phrase at my actual companion characters.

Punch it, Chewie!

No comments: