Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Nerds Assemble!

What's depicted here is more of a future happening, as The Avengers movie still has a few months before it drops in on the world in all its media-frenzy goodness.  When the dust clears, the world will more likely than not be supersaturated with product tie-ins and whatnot, but I get it. That's how Hollywood pays the bills for these awesome actors to show up and play around for our entertainment.

I do wish that I had the guts to actually dress up in full costume for movies or just about anything in a public gathering.  Letting your nerd flag fly like that is more than a little bit intimidating in a Jersey Shore kind of world.  The Epoch crew is settling for T-shirts rather than actual shields, armor and tattered purple shorts.  This is a trade-off that the world will thank us for later.

If this is a safe place, and I can let it all loose, I have to let you all know that I'm aware of the content error in tonight's comic.  Spider-Man won't be showing up in The Avengers, but in his own movie this summer.  That's alright though, because I'd rather doodle webs than a Norse thunder god or a cat-sized suit of armor.  The day that people start to bring that stuff up to me on their own, I know that either I'm losing it or that my audience has finally found me.

Check out the Mass Effect 3 extended trailer if that's what you're into, and actually while you're searching find the Amazing Spider-Man trailer after that.  How many times do I have to say how good a year this is going to be?

Punch it, Chewie!

No comments: