Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Birthday Bashing!

So today's a leap year, eh?  The random, mathematically accumulated day that spawns two or three times every decade and has no other significance.

I've heard in the past people celebrating their birthdays only on this day and not the three years in-between, making them numerically much younger than they really are.  At a certain age I'm sure it gets old (pun?), but I imagined someone just sticking with it for the whole ride and what that may look like.

A new Avengers trailer just came out.  I'm doing a valiant job of not squealing in delight right now, so be impressed.  Honestly, I'm on the edge of a media blackout for this movie.  It does look good, but if all the media and trailers and images pump it up to be anything other than an awesome summer punch-em-out super hero blockbuster, I know I'd leave the theater disappointed.  Seeing as how a good chunk of my life is comic books, I'm going to do what I can to protect that inner child and temper my expectations.

Even if the movie doesn't live up, there's a chance that the aforementioned comics will.  With the huge Marvel event coming up, only one of them has to be completely awesome.  I'm willing to believe that both the movie and the comic event can be great.  If so, that would absolutely make this, as I've said numerous times already, a fantastic year.

Punch it, Chewie!

No comments: