Thursday, March 1, 2012

Art Mocking Life

Hopefully the piece I'm referring to tonight isn't lost on you guys, otherwise it's going to fall more flat than normal.  I'll be posting images of the painting in question as well as my favorite painting by Magritte below (Castle in the Pyrenees).  I've actually got a poster print of the latter hanging up in my office.

Not too terribly much to comment on since I updated yesterday, but I had to get myself back on schedule somehow.

I will say that I had a chance to try out the new Facebook game Avengers Alliance and it is completely forgettable.  The only real difference between this and other social media games is that it's full of recognizable characters and locations.  Other than that, it would be completely lost in the mix.  You still get bonuses for inviting other people to come and play in your "alliance" and actually can't advance the story unless you do so.  I checked it out for a full half hour, and I think I know enough to give it a solid B- .  It's not bad by any stretch, I was just hoping for all the money they were dumping into it they would innovate in some way.

Anyways, enjoy your weekends, keep on plugging and I'll see you all next time.

 

Punch it, Chewie!

No comments: