Thursday, June 21, 2012

Blood-Sucking Legislation

Tonight's comic came pretty easily, since it's nearly the same pose as the cover to my copy of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

Obviously it's easy to imagine our heroes as something more than heroes, possibly even fighting back fantastic monsters like Abe did in this super entertaining piece of fiction.  I liked the idea of taking monsters and fantastic creatures and making them do things that other people might find pretty boring.  In this case it's just a simple reversal, but keep on the lookout for my Mummy: Insurance Adjustor.

Seriously though, try a few chapters of that book! I found it to be much more entertaining than I thought it would, since it's written in the form of journal entries as a historic accounting of a President's battle against the forces of darkness.  I will say that I felt the narrative felt much more focused in the earlier chapters, but as Abe aged he lost much of the edge he was developing over the years.  It was very Beowulf in that respect, but it was still a solid read.  I recommend, and my recommendations are always solid! You should trust that because I use exclamation points!

Punch it, Chewie!

No comments: