Thursday, June 14, 2012

Fog Of Rock

Most people enjoy concerts. I think that's a fair assumption to make. There's even a good amount of people that enjoy a great outdoor show.  However, that does not mean you have to bring every combustible, legal or otherwise, and let 'er rip.

By no means am I complaining about people trying to enjoy a concert in their way. My annoyance was more that I also had to be subjected to their method of enjoyment.  Fortunately I didn't find myself in an altered state, only trying to defend the assault on my senses.

All this to say that we were very lucky to be able to go and see Radiohead on the tail end of their American tour.  They've been one of my top ten bands for a long time, with such a unique sound that can sometimes test my preferences with some of the longer electronic riffs they go into.  So after listening to this for all these years, I was expecting more of a new-age jam band session.

I could not have been more wrong.  With a really interesting group of around a dozen screens that were re-positioned over the crowd during and in-between songs offered them a lot of great options to enhance the performance on the stage.  Along those lines, Radiohead are some great musicians.  They were able to swap out their guitars out for percussion or electronic instruments, and everyone was able to do this.  Front man Thom Yorke obviously kept the songs tight in order to accentuate the different visuals.  It was a fantastic show, and I'd strongly suggest you check them out live.

Anyways, I've got to go recover from the later night and longer day today.

Punch it, Chewie!

No comments: