Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Case Of Medical Nerdiness

I'm nearly done blabbing about my recent iPad purchase. Probably. The comic tonight is (hopefully) clearly based on the 'if you keep making that face, it's going to stick like that' we would hear as children. This was almost universally said when we were making bad faces, funny how we didn't hear that when we had giant smiles on our mugs.

The joy in this situation comes from the mobility and utility. For a comic book freak like me, having this format is absolutely ideal for digital comics. I estimated that in the past week or so I've been able to catch up on old events and stockpiled comics to the tune of a few hundred issues.

If I have to nail it down to its more basic elements for me, it comes down to convenience. All of my favorite electronics and purchases have let me do something however I chose. It's what made having a laptop so amazing when I tried that out, even though that unfortunately burnt out a year later due to an internal design flaw. For reliability I went back to a desktop, but felt a little chained to a desk whenever trying to take care of nerd business. With my handheld friend, I'm able to do everything (that doesn't include Flash content) and wherever I choose. Reading through my comics with a morning coffee on the deck goes beyond liberating.

Punch it, Chewie!

No comments: