Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Because he's the fat cat Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

Abbott and Costello, Martin and Lewis, Laurel and Hardy, and now my two cats.  The perfect comedy pair; fat, narcoleptic and lovable juxtaposed with the runt constantly running her mouth and getting into trouble.  None of that is even made up, I just got lucky that's how they naturally are.  "They're just like little people!"  (Cardinal rule of pet ownership = broken)

Not sure if I completely missed it when the news first came out, but Bane will be in the Dark Knight Rises?  The same Bane who, in comic legend, broke Batman's back forcing him to field a replacement until he could recover?  My fear is to achieve the sheer size of Bane they'll put Tom Hardy (Inception, Rock'n Rolla) in prosthetics, but he's been training like crazy and Nolan's Two-Face was the most cartoony they've really gone for a villain.  On a scale of Carmine Falcone to Arnold's Dr. Freeze, I'm hopeful he'll be right around the Scarecrow mark.

Anyone else seen the new Pirates installment?  We went this past weekend, and I found it to be pretty disappointing.  This was also after my excitement to get rid of Orlando Bloom and Kiera Knightley from bogging down the action, but it wasn't enough.  The story seemed to fall a little flat, and for all the buzz over the chemistry between Depp and Cruz there were only a few scenes they were even in together.  One of the redeeming pieces was actually the 3D.  I've gone on record as not a fan of 3D as it felt thrown in or too gimmicky, but for this attempt it didn't force you to remember it was in an additional dimension constantly.

Bridesmaids and X-Men: First Class are both doing really well critically, so I may have to pull a double feature to cram in all of those pictures in motion.  The trailer for Captain America also had me pretty excited because they presented it as 300 with our favorite blonde super-soldier.  I'm all a-flutter.

Punch it, Chewie!

No comments: