Tuesday, June 14, 2011

His Name Is My Name Too!

For everyone that gets the song stuck in their heads, I sincerely apologize.  If it makes it any better, I've been looping it since this little idea popped in my head.

Me and my shorter half went to see Bridesmaids and while I did laugh nearly constantly in between squirming in my seat at all the awkward moments, I wasn't expecting the movie to be like that at all.  It's my own fault for letting critics into my subconscious when they called it the "female Hangover" when it's not really a buddy movie at all.  If you haven't seen it I would recommend it, it's Rotten Tomatoes score is still really high compared with previously said competition.

I re-watched Star Wars: A New Hope this past weekend and found myself getting a different appreciation for it.  Having seen the movie roughly two dozen times(conservatively), but not in the past five or more years, it's easy to forget how well done that film was.  Realizing that I was able to take my inner fanboy out of the equation I enjoyed it even more noticing details I didn't think to pay attention to before.  Nostalgia +1.

These summer months are going to be a bit rough, the lack of personally appealing game titles coming out means I may have to spend more time outside or even read more books (both of which have dramatically increased since the new house).  I have a feeling this winter will be the polar opposite and I'll miss playing with some of my friends because we didn't sync up on our interests.  Let me know if there's anything you're looking forward to so I can take a second look.

Punch it, Chewie!

No comments: