Thursday, June 30, 2011

Come With Me If You Want To Live

There's nothing better than an Arnold Schwarzanegger movie, I loved his movies as I was growing up.  That being said, he should stop making Terminator movies.  His name is still in the works for what I hope doesn't follow Christian Bale's era of Skynet tomfoolery.

We here at the Estate had Knight and Day come in the mail from our Netflix queue, and I was very close to liking the movie.  Every time I started to get into the movie, someone let Cameron Diaz wander in front of the camera to ruin it.  When it was all over, I ended up with the feeling I should put in the first Mission: Impossible and see Tom Cruise at his most over-the-top greatest.  If I'm being honest with myself, I'm legitimately excited to see MI:IV when that comes out next summer.

The birthday of when America said to the world "thanks guys, but we'll just do it ourselves" is coming up Monday.  This being the first year in the new house, I'm not entirely sure if there's a fireworks situation down here.  I'm hoping to catch them when we visit with my family, because it's one of the best things about the holiday.  When I was younger the neighboring towns would stagger their celebrations and if you didn't mind it you could end up seeing four or five different displays in a few days.  Ahh, youth.

Everyone be safe and relax, and take the time to let yourself celebrate what, when you boil it down, is one of the best places to be in the world.

Punch it, Chewie!

No comments: