Thursday, June 16, 2011

Goodbye Kung-Fu Death Grip!

I'm habitually late to the scene, hence only recently posting to this comic blog on a regular basis.  Even though I love it so much technology is no different in that respect.  I don't even own one of the miniature internet-spewing digital handheld devices yet, but I do hope to change that in the somewhat near future.

Here's a quandary for you: Green Lantern has a 22% on Rotten Tomatoes, but 95% of people want to see it.  Whether it's the new "ironic" culture that deserves a slow death or people genuinely interested, that money will go to making other comic book movies.  I really hope to find some time this weekend to go check it out and form an opinion I can throw back up here.

Folks, it finally happened.  Rep. Weiner resigned his senate seat after three weeks of late-night monologues and 24-hour news network lambasting.  I feel for the guy, even though he's a skeezy creep for sending junk photos to girls over Twitter (did someone tell Chris Hansen to gas up the van?).  You can't help but wonder if this would have blown over if not for his unfortunate name.  It's just too poetic for him to jeopardize his career because of a surname, and the hilarious weiner jokes to come from it.

Enjoy your weekends!

Punch it, Chewie!

No comments: