Thursday, April 28, 2011

Text-Heavy and Topical to Boot!

I'm feeling pretty drained tonight but really looking forward to the weekend.  Hopefully I'll get the time I want to recharge and jump at the next week just to fatigue myself all over.

Years from now, when we're foraging for food in the post-nuclear wasteland, we'll laugh at how we had "day jobs" and "morning commutes."  We'll jump in our dune buggies and ride off into where the sunset used to be but now it's covered by fallout clouds.  Ahhh, how great will that be!

With that bit of weirdness behind us, I have a confession to make: I'm a Star Wars fan.  Even after Lucas decided he wanted to make the prequels into a kid's film and even after the huge amount of video games to come out on the subject, I still love the characters.

I read the books and I do play the video games if they're accessible and don't look awful (which a good number do).  There are even enough books where I feel like that characters themselves are starting to mature as my sensibilities do, especially since I started digging into them when I was but a wee lad.

All that to say that I'm completely stoked for the Star Wars Old Republic MMO to come out later this year.  I got sucked into World of Warcraft in the past for a couple months, and I wasn't even all that into the lore.  This sounds like a perfect storm for me to spend a good number of hours exploring.  I highly recommend you look into it yourselves; I'll be posting my impressions and making comics as they come to me.

Thanks for dealing with my ranting/rambling and I'll talk to you next week bearing a bonus comic this weekend.

Punch it, Chewie!

No comments: